Decadent Fudgy Expresso Brownies
For The Sweet Tooth | 15 Minutes
3 People Currently Viewing This
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp strong brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup choc chips
- Preheat your oven to 175°C.
- Grease a small baking pan or line it with parchment paper for easy removal.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the melted butter and granulated sugar.
- Mix until well combined.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and then add the vanilla extract.
- Stir until the batter is smooth and glossy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the brewed coffee or espresso into the batter and mix until the coffee is evenly distributed.
- Fold in the semi-sweet chocolate chips and optional chopped nuts, if using.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake the brownies in the preheated oven for approximately 12-15 min or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out with moist crumbs.
- Let the brownies cool in the pan for a few minutes before cutting into squares.
- For an extra indulgent treat, serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.